The passion for gambling was born at the same time as humans. Millions of people have been caught up in a variety of stories, real and not quite. Duels, suicides, and bankruptcies haunted many people. There were also amazing winnings that raised whole families to the top of the social pyramid.
It is worth remembering the old story about the emperor Caligula, who lost a lot of money. Then he ordered the arrest of the merchants passing along the street, confiscated the property, and put it on the betting line. King Henry VIII of England lost the famous “Jesus Bell” that adorned St. Peter’s Cathedral. All this was done by people who had a gambling addiction.
Gambling is always associated with mysticism, riddles, and omens. But why gambling is so tempting? The answer is that each player dreams of getting a fantastic win and cross the line of a wealthy life. Attempts to rob gambling clubs are not uncommon. Millions of people have tried to beat the casino. They build mathematical schemes, develop strategies, and unconditionally believe in omens. Some play at a specific table. Others wear a “lucky” suit and some bet on a specific number only. If you strive for gambling it is worth checking out casinos online and familiarize yourself with the oldest games in the world.
True stories in which you won’t believe
- There are various legends about the origin of roulette. According to one of them, the famous French mathematician Pascal designed a wheel with rotating cylinders and numbers. And his friend came up with the idea of using such a device to make money. He was an avid gambler, and rumor says that he sold his soul to the devil for enrichment and success of the new “gambling machine”. That is why the sum of all the numbers in roulette is 666 (the number of the beast).
- A few years ago, a new Robin Hood appeared in America. He decided that he can beat the casino and give money to the poor. Everything that Robin Hood managed to get, he handed over to two low-income families.
- A cleric from the United States grabbed the $300,000 donated by his parishioners and put it on bets at a casino. He lost all the money. But the deceived flock demanded justice. The police arrested the “holy mentor” and he was forced to confess.
- One day, an avid gambler sold all of his property to bet money on roulette. He won and got double the money. When asked if he was afraid to stay on the street, he replied that he was confident in his victory.
- It is worth remembering the history of the creation of the sandwich. In 1765, John Montagu, Count of Sandwich, being a fan of gambling, commissioned servants to bring him bread and cold meat to the gambling table. And so, the sandwich was born.
These stories are only a small part of the gambling legends and rumors. Nowadays, gambling entertainment migrated to the online environment, and as a result, we will have new stories to tell. Who knows, maybe you will be the one to shape the legend or story based on online casino games.