The ONE EPIC TREK Sweepstakes (“Promotion”) begins on Friday, August 23, 2019 at 9:00 am. Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends on Friday, October 4, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST (“Promotion Period”).
Open to USA & Canada Excl. Quebec
GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE: One (1) Grand Prize winner and companion will receive a 10-day active adventure trip for two to Rainbow Mountain, Cusco, Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu, including flights on LATAM Airlines, from any of their US city gateways to Peru.
• The Grand Prize package includes:
– REI Adventures will provide the Grand Prize Winner and companion one 10-Day trip package (for two), toRainbow Mountain, Cusco, Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu (the “REI Trip” or “Trip”), with a total ARV of USD $9,900 CAD $13,200
o Included with Trip: Accommodations in hotels and mountain lodges as noted on itinerary (based on double occupancy), meals as noted on the daily itinerary, English-speaking local guides, all ground transportation within Peru as noted on itinerary, airport departure transfers on Day 10 of Trip, rail tickets to and from Machu Picchu, and all sightseeing excursions as noted on itinerary including entrance tickets to Machu Picchu.
Excluded from Trip: Prize applies to the listed itinerary only & excludes optional or additional services such as any airfare not expressly included in the itinerary or prize, pre/post-tour accommodation, insurance, & all incidentals, meals, gratuities, taxes, fees, levies, & transportation not expressly included in the itinerary. Does not include international or domestic airfare.
o Other Details and Restrictions: Trip must be completed by November 30, 2020 and blackout dates apply. Winner must be 18 or older as specified in these Official Rules to claim the prize. Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest must travel on same departure and must share a room. Prizes: i) are subject to availability, ii) are valid on new bookings only, iii) may not be combined with any other offer or discount, iv) have no cash value, v) are not transferrable, vi) cannot be exchanged by the Winner.
o Difficulty Level: The Trip is rated at a vigorous  difficulty level, meaning Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest need to be strong, experienced hikers in excellent physical condition. Most days are spent at high altitude (7,000’-17,000’ [feet]). For the trekking portion, Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest will remain at elevations between 14,000′-16,986′ [feet] and sleeping as high as 15,797′ [feet]. Most days Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest hike 5-7.5 miles with average elevation gains of 1500′ [feet] and elevation losses of up to 3000′ [feet], some of which are quite steep. Upon arrival in Peru, Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest should be capable of hiking up to 8 miles, averaging 2 miles per hour, without major discomfort over terrain with some steep grades for multiple days in succession. To help combat the effects of altitude, incorporate hills and stairs into Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest’s training. REI Adventures requires all of its Trip participants to be prepared physically, technically, and psychologically for the Trip, and REI reserves the right to disqualify Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest from the scheduled Trip at any time for any health or safety reasons. Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest are also subject to standard REI Adventures qualification requirements for the Trip, so visithttps://www.rei.com/adventures/trips/latinamerica/machu-picchu-ausangate.html for further Trip details and requirements. Failure to accurately and fully complete and return all forms and liability releases provided by Sponsor in connection with the Trip in a timely manner may result in disqualification from the Trip.
– LATAM Airlines will offer the Grand Prize Winner and his/her companion two (2) round-trip 0tickets in Economy Class for the Grand Prize Winner and one companion from LATAM Airlines gateways in the US (including: Los Angeles, New York or Miami) to their final destination in Peru including Lima and Cusco, the flights shall be operated by LATAM Airlines Group or any of its affiliates, with a total ARV of USD $2,400/CAD$3200
o You must be 18 years or older to obtain this prize. Travel must be completed by November 30, 2020 and no extensions will be allowed. Prize ticket does not include airport taxes, surcharges or any administration fees that may apply. These costs must be paid at the time of issuing ticket. Ticket is non-transferable and will not be re-issued if lost or stolen. Change fees may apply. LATAM will issue e-tickets unless otherwise instructed. We are not responsible for any missed connections, delays of any kind or any expenses incurred as a result of the use of this ticket. Please keep in mind, the earliest your reservation may be confirmed is 45 days prior to your departure date, not before.
o Due to high demand in air travel, the prize letters or ticket certificates herein are subject to black-out dates throughout the year, including but not limited to July 1st thru August 20th & December 1stthru February 1st. Additional blackouts may apply. Winner should check with the airline to confirm any additional blackouts dates.
– REI Co-op will provide the Grand Prize Winner (i) two (2) REI Co-op Big Haul Rolling Duffels (or similar duffels) and (ii) two (2) Men or Women’s REI Co-op XeroDry GTX jackets (or similar jackets). Total ARV of this prize package: USD$858/CAD$1,144. REI Co-op’s products are subject to REI Co-op’s approval and available stock inventory and may be substituted at REI Co-op’s sole discretion.
– AFAR Media will offer the Grand Prize Winner and his/her companion $200 Gift Card, AFAR-Branded Swell Water Bottles, and One-Year Subscription to AFAR with a total ARV of USD$325/CAD$433. The Gift card and AFAR Branded Swell Water Bottles are subject to AFAR Media’s approval and available stock inventory and may be substituted at AFAR Media’s sole discretion.
Maximum ARV of the Grand Prize package: USD$13,483/CAD$17,977