Start/End Dates: Contest starts at 12:00 p.m., noon, Eastern Time on February 20, 2019, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 30, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
Contest is open to all residents of Canada, who are over the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside. The following persons are not eligible to enter the Contest or win a Prize: employees, officers, directors, or representatives of the Sponsor, Air Canada and MEC, and the parents, siblings and children of, and persons domiciled with, such individuals; anyone under the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside; any of the Sponsor’s, Air Canada’s, or MEC’s, agents, corporate parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, promotional and advertising agencies and administrators.
(i) Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize is available to be won and will be awarded after the Contest Period ends on September 30, 2019.
The Grand Prize consists of:
· One (1) round-trip ticket in Economy Class for air travel to Whitehorse, Yukon from closest major airport nearest winner’s residence in Canada serviced by Air Canada for each of four (4) persons (the grand prize winner and three (3) travel companions, at least one of whom must be an adult), courtesy of Air Canada;
· One (1) round-trip ticket in Economy Class for air travel to Dawson City, Yukon for each of four (4) persons (the grand prize winner and three (3) travel companions, at least one of whom must be an adult);
· For each of the Grand Prize winner and the winner’s three (3) travel companions, a seven (7) day, six (6) night trip to Canada’s North. It’s called “A gold rush experience in Canada’s North” that includes a guided tour of the S.S. Klondike National Historic Site, a guided walking tour of Dawson City (Dawson Historical Complex), admission to Dawson City ESCAPE!, a guided visit of Dredge No. 4, an exclusive behind the scenes tour of the deserted townsite of Bear Creek, and a host of activities in Kluane National Park and Reserve, where the Grand Prize winner and the winner’s travel companions will spend two (2) nights in an oTENTik [see Rule 1(f) below for details on what’s included in an oTENTik]. The additional four (4) nights will be spent in a hotel/motel or bed and breakfast location, selected by the Sponsor, in Whitehorse and Dawson City, all as part of the Grand Prize.
· Meals and car rental (including gas) within Yukon will be at the Grand Prize winner’s expense, and arranged for by the Grand Prize winner. A $3,500 prepaid credit card will be given to the winner to help cover these expenses.
· While in the Yukon, the Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companions will, at their option, be treated to a guided tour of the S.S. Klondike, a guided walking tour of Dawson City, admission to Dawson City ESCAPE!, a guided visit of Dredge No. 4, an exclusive behind the scenes tour of Bear Creek, and a host of activities in Kluane National Park and Reserve.
· Accommodations, prepaid credit card and tours/experiences courtesy of Parks Canada.
· And there’s more. From MEC there’s a $1,500 Mountain Equipment Co-operative gift card; over $1,100.00 in Parks Canada merchandise specially selected (from available hoodies, t-shirts, caps, mugs, etc.) by Parks Canada; and a 2020 Parks Canada Discovery (Group) Pass.
Depending on where the Grand Prize winner resides, the total retail value of the Grand Prize (excluding taxes) is $13,378.00.
The Grand Prize is valid for travel taken on the week of the winner’s choice between May and September 2020 and completed prior to September 30, 2020 (blackout dates apply). Actual dates to be confirmed after the Grand Prize is awarded (before December 31, 2019). Each of the prepaid credit card and the MEC gift card is subject to the terms and conditions printed on or associated with the applicable card.