This Contest will run from September 3rd 2019 at 12:00 EDT to September 30th, 2019 at 11:59PM EDT, (hereafter known as “Contest Period”).
This Contest is open to all residents of Canada only and who have reached the legal age of majority in their province or territory (hereafter the “Eligible Participants”). Contest Sponsors’ employees, representatives, mandataries and their immediate family (parents, children, siblings and spouses) are not eligible to enter the Contest, as well as any persons with whom any of the aforementioned are domiciled.
There is one (1) prize to be won, consisting of:
• 10 nights for two people at any HI hostels in Canada (approximate value: $1,100)
• 2 VIA Rail Canada Passes (value: $3,036, conditions apply)
• 2 bundles of travelling equipment from Osprey, including 2 travel backpacks, 2
daypacks and 2 packing cubes (value: $870)
• 2 adult individual Parks Canada Discovery Passes (value: $135)
• 2 adult HI membership cards (value: $70)
• 2 HI Canada water bottles (value: $30)
The total approximative value of the prize is of $5,300. The exact value of the prize
depends on which hostels the Winner decides to stay at and during which period, as
prices vary with occupancy.
Overnights at HI hostels and VIA Rail Canada Passes have to be utilized by September
30th, 2020 23:59 EDT.
HI Canada overnights conditions:
• Overnights are subject to availability.
• A maximum of 3 overnights per hostel applies.
• Booking requests must be sent at least 7 days in advance at the following email
HI Canada membership cards conditions:
• Valid 1 year starting from the date of issue
• Not transferable and only valid for stays by the person whose name is written on the
VIA Rail Canada Passes conditions:
• Validity period: 60-day validity period, from first date of travel
• Number of trips: unlimited one-way trips during validity period, subject to availability
• Travel zones: travel everywhere in Canada throughout the VIA Rail network
• Class of service: travel in Economy class, bookings in Economy or Escape fare
• Upgrades: Upgrades to Business class, Touring class or Berth accommodations are
available at 40% off of best available fare. Upgrades to cabins are also offered at 25%
off of best available fare. A travel credit will be deducted when upgrading with your
pass. Not applicable to Prestige.
• Transfers: Not transferable, only valid for travel by the person whose name is on the
issued pass. Government-issued photo ID is required for travel.
• For full conditions, please visit VIA Rail Canada website: https://www.viarail.ca/en/faresand-packages/rail-passes/canada-pass.
Parks Canada Discovery Passes conditions:
• Valid for admission to all participating national parks, marine conservation areas and
historic sites administered by Parks Canada.
• Validity period: expire on October 31st, 2020.
• The passes must be signed by the pass holders to be valid; is non-refundable; not
transferable and rendered void id resold.
The prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be sold, transferred or converted
to cash and will not be refunded if unused. No substitutions, changes or extensions are
permitted. Contest Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to substitute the
prize for one of equal or greater value.